Saturday, September 29, 2007

Home is where the heart is-6: On a longer journey

Traveling is what I like, I do traveling a lot during business trips. Recently I feel my legs are tight and need more exercise on the airplane. Business class
has wider space for stretching the legs. From my experiences I rate Emirates airline's business class one of the top ones, which has beatiful air hostess with amiable smile and care. Special impression in mind is a bottle of water when I just reach the seat. "Drink a lot of water" always show on the in-flight TV.

A cardiologist doctor said for normal healthy people, being in a confined seat for 6-8 hours should be fine, but after that you need to more and exercise every hour or so. Obese travelers or travelers on birth control pills or with blood clotting disorders should consult with a physician before embarking on a longer journey. In some cases physician may recommend that wear DVT compression stockings to help prevent the formation of potentially harmful blood clots in the legs. If blood cannot circulate properly and blood clots begin to form. These clots can be fatal if they travel to the heart, brain, lung resulting in an inability to breathe, paralysis or heart attack.