Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Home is where the heart is-2: Arabian Dates


Last year was my third time Ramadan in an Arabic country and I didn't have to wear Abaiya during Ramadan.It was really an experience in Ramadan.
When I first came to KSA, most people would speak to me in Arabic. I do not know how to speak Arabic they said. Now a days most people in the UAE speak perfect English most of the time, and got comfortable enough to speak it.



The year I stayed at Dhahran along with Mrs. Basma, a next door neighbour. She is a very nice lady, well educated, speaks English, French and Arabic. I learned few words of Arabic and French languages from her, she taught me some cultures and tradition of her mother land Lebanon.
From that time, I started to love Lebanonese food. especially crazy about "Zadar".
When I arrived UAE, I was looking for "Zadar" around the town; however, so far I'm still looking for it.