Sunday, January 25, 2009

God of wealth is holding gold ingots

During Chinese New Year, I Saw these lanterns in a Chinese shop, God of wealth is holding gold ingots, which represents the meaning of this lantern and brings people wealth. Tangerine means good luck due to the same pronunciation.

When I was a kid, Chinese New Year used to be what I expected the most.....hearing the sound of crackers, with the red envelopes from the relatives, it is the cash inside the envelope. Indeed, the cash eventually had to give back to the parents since they also need to give back to other kids.
Although nowadays I don't go back to my hometown to celebrate the Chinese New Year, I still make dumplings by myself :) for getting more fortune :)
I wish all my Chinese friends a very happy Chinese cow year, Gong Xi Fa Cai!!