Thursday, January 15, 2009

Revolutionary Road

"It takes backbone to lead the life you want". " People are better off doing something they actually like." "Plenty of people are onto the emptiness but it takes real guts to see the hopelessness." ......

......Watched Kate Winslet and Leonardo DiCaprio's newest movie "Revolutionary Road". This time, Winslet acts as DiCaprio's wife and in order to overcome their dull marriage life, she encourages DiCaprio to resign from the current well-paid work and pursuit his dream to move the whole family to France using their current saving.

Winslet said this in the movie, "It takes backbone to lead the life you want".

Yes, it takes the backbone, but ask me do I dare to move desire to do what I want to do in a completely strange country, without work, without friend, but just for the dream that I used to have, I don't. I wouldn't give up my current job and I might happen to know that I have other interests to do since life is still a long way to go. Some people might blame me for being a fool, but I choose to live for today and I have no courage to select some unknown road.

From this movie, I think Leonardo DiCaprio's performance was outstanding and improved. By the way, if Jack hadn't die in Titanic but got survived and married Rose, this couple's marriage would turn out to be the story we see from this Revolutionary Road. :)